Tyler Product Liability Lawyer
Sometimes, the products you buy and use every day may be dangerous in ways you’d never imagine. Consumers have been exposed to lots of toxic, faulty, and dangerous products, which may lead to serious accidents, injuries, and death.
At Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers, we are committed to representing those injured by defective products, appliances, and equipment in Tyler, Texas. For over 20 years, our product liability lawyers have been taking up tough cases against big corporations, providing exceptional advocacy to defective products victims in Tyler, Texas.
What Is Product Liability?
Product liability refers to the legal responsibility of manufacturers and others along the chain of manufacture for any product they make, market, distribute, and sell that causes harm. Product liability is based on claims that a product caused injuries or death because of such things as:
- Defective design
- Manufacturing defects
- Failure to warn or defective marketing
A single product liability claim can include more than one of these defects, and you can bring the claim against manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, and even retailers associated with the harmful product.
A product may have inherent flaws in its design that make it harmful even before it’s manufactured. Such flaws or defects can prevent products from functioning safely as advertised, causing injuries even when the product is used according to the product manual.
Some examples of design flaws include:
- Vehicles designed to have a heavy top, making them topple over easily, especially at sharp turns
- Appliances with unsafe wiring or parts that melt easily and spark electrical fires
- Product containers of harmful substances that lack proper safety measures
- Toys that are unduly hazardous, such as toys that have tiny parts that choke children when they swallow them
A manufacturing defect is any error in the manufacturing process that results in the product being harmful to the end-users. The manufacturing error results in a product that is different from the one intended.
Examples of manufacturing defects include:
- Using substandard or wrong materials in producing items
- Manufacturing drugs or food products with toxic substances
- Failing to assemble or install parts correctly
Failure to Warn
This is also called defective marketing. In this type of product liability, products that are otherwise safe become harmful because they don’t provide adequate safety warnings or clear guidelines on proper use. Either failure keeps the consumer uninformed about the risks associated with a specific product.
Providing proper warnings and instructions for products may include:
- Adding images that show how to use or how not to use the product
- Using words like caution, danger, or warning to get consumers’ attention
- Providing instructions on how to minimize risks associated with product use or avoid danger when using it
Who Can You Sue if You’ve Been Hurt by a Defective Product?
If a defective product injured you in Tyler, Texas, you may sue anybody whose negligence contributed to placing the defective product in your hands. Depending on the nature of the defect and the incident that hurt you, you may sue any of the following parties:
- Product designers
- Distributors and/or retailers
It can be confusing to figure out who to sue after you’re injured by a defective product. You can gain clarity by talking to a Tyler product liability lawyer at Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers. We can review your case, explain your legal options, and identify every party who is liable.
When Should You Talk to a Product Liability Lawyer?
You should talk to a product liability lawyer as soon as possible after your injuries. Act promptly because:
- You only have two years to file a product liability case in Texas
- It’s harder to locate and collect evidence as time passes
- The parties responsible may be anticipating a product liability claim and are already getting ready for defense
What Happens After You File a Product Liability Claim?
The nature of your case, how you discovered the injuries, and the negligent parties you’re up against can affect the direction of your product liability case. However, you can expect it to take any of the following shapes:
- A complex claim that requires deep investigation and expert witnesses to prove negligence and address the technical issues involved
- A highly contentious case where the companies are fighting hard to evade liability
- A settlement offer, like the majority of product liability claims
When you contact a Tyler product liability attorney at Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers, you will get a thorough explanation of how your case could go. We offer a free, no-obligation consultation. We’ll help you understand the possible turns your case can take after you file a claim, and we’ll help you make an informed decision at every point.
Compensation You Can Recover from Product Liability Cases
How much compensation you can get from a product liability case depends on many factors, such as the nature of the negligence and the extent of your injuries. Insurance companies are always looking for ways to pay as little compensation as possible. So, the settlement offers you’ll get will not likely be fair. However, having a product liability lawyer on your side increases your chances of getting adequate compensation for your injuries.
Victims of defective products can recover compensation for both economic and non-economic damages, such as:
- Medical bills, including future medical bills
- Property damage
- Lost earning capacity
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Burial and funeral costs if the injury led to death
An Experienced Tyler Product Liability Lawyer Can Help You Now
When you’ve been hurt by a dangerous product, it can be overwhelming to pursue compensation while simultaneously focusing on your recovery. It’s in your best interest to hire a product liability attorney so that you can concentrate on your health and well-being.
Remember, the clock is ticking, and insurance companies are not on your side. A Tyler product liability lawyer at Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers can help you at this critical time when it matters most.
We’ll leverage our years of experience in providing tireless, knowledgeable, and highly skilled representation to victims of defective products in Tyler, Texas to fight for you. To discover the difference our team can make in your case and recovery, contact us today.