Tyler Burn Injury Attorney
When a person suffers from burns, they can have deep pain, permanent scars, and lifelong trauma. In cases where negligent acts caused the injury, they can also find recourse through legal claims.
Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers are here in Tyler, Texas, to help you fight for justice and prevail. We are 5-star injury lawyers with more than 20 years of experience. We know what we're doing in and out of the courtroom. Our compassionate, client-focused counsels are eager to seek out the maximum recoveries for our clients.
We have attained a reputation as the leading burn injury lawyers in Tyler, Texas. We offer exceptional advocacy when it's time to seek justice and claim recovery. You can count on us. Morris & Dewitt Injury Lawyers have helped countless people injured by fires and explosions in Tyler, TX. If you've suffered an accident, it's time to get the help you deserve.
What Are the Various Types of Burn Injuries?
Burns range from superficial to more serious issues, with levels of pain depending on the severity.
When you're dealing with a burn injury, it's important to understand the following:
- Your respiratory tract is designed to protect the lungs from toxic substances such as smoke and caustic chemicals, but sometimes the lungs can take permanent damage from inhaling these substances.
- A burn injury can come with infection, hypothermia, and other health complications.
- Burn injuries can be psychologically distressing, causing PTSD, depression, and other psychological damage. These are more common when burn injuries cause visible deformities or facial scarring.
Essentially, burns range from first degree to fourth degree, with a first degree the mildest type of injury and fourth degree burns being the most serious and life-threatening. If you have suffered a burn injury, you should seek the advice of a Tyler burn injury attorney.
What Are the Top Causes of Burn Injuries?
Contact with electrical currents, caustic substances, or heat can cause burns. Burns often come from physical contact with a hot object, frequently resulting from an accident. However, much of the time, these burn injuries are caused by motor vehicle accidents, dangerous products, or workplace accidents.
Motor Vehicle Accidents and Burn Injuries
Car wrecks and other traffic collisions are the leading causes of burn injuries. Extensive burns may be the result of:
- Airbag deployment
- Burning debris
- Coming into contact with harsh chemicals
- Electrical burns from live currents or shocks
- Fire and explosion-based car accidents
- Road rash
Many motor vehicle crashes are due to negligence and human error. The burn victims of motor vehicle accidents may have the opportunity to take legal action against the negligent parties involved.
Dangerous Products and Burn Injuries
Defective products are another common cause of burn injuries. For example, faulty appliances can cause burns if certain types of negligence are involved, including factors such as:
- Naturally defective products
- Products with improper or insufficient directions
- Products with inappropriate or inadequate safety warnings
- Products lacking safety features
If a manufacturer is at fault, they can be liable when their failures or oversights have led to unsafe products resulting in burn injuries.
Work Accidents and Burn Injuries
Another relatively common way to receive a burn injury is via a workplace accident. Certain occupations, such as those that work with electricity or chemicals, can run a higher risk of getting on-the-job burns.
Some industries and occupations with the highest risk of burns include:
- Dry cleaning
- Oil workers
- Gas workers
Burn injuries at work can offer various options for legal action and various types of compensation for your burn injury.
How Can a Burn Injury Lawyer in Tyler, Texas Help Me?
A skilled lawyer will be able to help you with every part of your legal claim, from the beginning to the end. An experienced burn injury lawyer will play a critical role in your claim's success and overall outcome.
A knowledgeable burn injury lawyer in Tyler, Texas, will help you:
- Consider all potential remedies
- Build the most powerful case possible
- Position your claim for the best conceivable outcome
Additionally, the right attorney can advise you throughout every step of the legal process, allowing you to make informed decisions. This can play out in several ways, including liability, representation, and damages.
When it comes to determining who's liable for a burn injury, investigations and analysis take time. With the help of a qualified attorney, you can be sure that they'll make the process easy and get you the resources you need to recover. Your attorney can help ensure the at-fault party pays for their damage to you.
Insurance companies often have the victims feeling like their backs are against the wall. These companies have interests that often conflict with their clients. They may actively work to disqualify your claims. Additionally, they may use unethical tactics to avoid paying burn victims.
When you need legal representation for burn injuries, an attorney can help you achieve justice by leveling the playing field against powerful insurance companies. A solid burn injury lawyer can help ensure justice is served, and you receive the damages you are owed for your injuries.
Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers is the law firm you can count on for stress-free representation, no matter what type of injury caused your burns. We are adept at facing down any rival and winning. We can start your case today.
What Damages Are Available in Burn Injury Claims?
Damages arise from the pain, suffering, and financial losses that burn injury victims have sustained. Compensation for these claims can vary and must be calculated case by case.
A burn injury lawyer at Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers can provide more direct answers during your first consultation. However, here are a few points to keep in mind:
- Compensation can cover losses from both past and future. These may include economic and non-economic losses. Estimating these losses can be difficult, particularly in cases that are more complex or feature more severe injuries.
- As long as you weren't primarily at fault for your burn injuries, you will maintain the right to file a legal claim and seek compensation. State laws in Tyler, Texas, allow for partially-at-fault victims to pursue reduced recoveries.
The typical damages associated with a burn injury case in Tyler, Texas, may include:
- Hospital bills and medical treatment
- Pain and suffering
- Lost earnings
- Property damage
- Lost ability to earn a living in the future
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral expenses, when the injury is fatal
A 5-Star Burn Injury Lawyer Is Ready To Help 24/7 in Tyler, TX
Unfortunately, when tragedies like burn injuries happen, there is limited time available to file a claim. Your statute of limitations is ticking, and you need to act quickly to bring the negligent parties to justice and recover your due damages.
Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers is an injury law firm providing answers, advice, and advocacy in pursuit of justice. We use our exceptional experience and skills to solve your legal troubles. That's how we've become some of the best burn injury lawyers in Tyler, Texas. When you only have one chance to win a burn injury case, you want to put your trust in the best.