Shreveport Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Pursue Just Compensation After A Motorcycle Accident. Call (888) 492-5532!
For years, motorcyclists have shared the roads with many other vehicles including cars, commercial trucks, and even bicycles, to name a few. Despite this fact, many motor vehicle drivers continue to demonstrate a sometimes staggering show of negligence in even the simplest of circumstances.
This lack of driver awareness can lead to some very serious motorcycle accidents with injuries such as:
Even death can result from a serious motorcycle accident. In any case, victims and their families can be left in the wake of devastation. When you enlist the services of a Shreveport motorcycle accident injury attorney you are placing your faith in their capabilities to return the most favorable conclusions possible for your given situation. Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers has recovered millions.
Types of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcyclists are especially vulnerable to a wide range of different accident scenarios. Although all types of motorcycle accidents can be devastating for motorcyclists who are mismatched against a heavy, powerful car or commercial vehicle, there are a few distinct accident scenarios that are the most common.
Rear-end collisions can occur quite easily when vehicles, for whatever reason, collide with motorcycles after a failure to stop behind them. Motorcycles also fit nicely into the blind spot for many drivers, which can lead to lane change collisions with motorcyclists.
Other complications, such as obstacles put up by property owners or poorly-maintained construction projects, can cause big problems for bikers. Perhaps the most common type of motorcycle accident, however, occurs when drivers simply do not see the motorcyclist.
Motorcycle Safety Tips
The most obvious safety tip for any motorcycle driver and passenger is to always wear a helmet. It is required by law in Louisiana to wear a helmet and for good reason - helmets are the best prevention against very serious and often deadly head injuries should you get into an accident.
Other helpful riding gear includes jackets, chaps, gloves, and riding boots. This type of motorcycle gear helps to protect your skin from very painful road rash if you fall off your bike.
Additionally, here are some road safety tips:
- Be aware of oil drips on the road. Typically the middle of the lanes is the slickest, so motorcycle drivers can stay on the right or left side of a lane where there is more friction.
- Always use your bike's signal and a hand signal to make it clear to other drivers what direction you are heading.
- Avoid "lane-splitting", or riding in between cars.
- Always have your headlamp on, even during the day.
- Keep your motorcycle well-maintained with regular oil changes and new tires.
- Be extra aware of other drivers - they don't always see motorcyclists!
Injuries Caused by Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycles are well-known for the lack of protection they provide to drivers, especially in the event of a motorcycle accident. The types of injuries motorcyclists are at risk of sustaining in accidents with other vehicles such as cars, trucks or other obstructions can range greatly depending on the particulars of the incident. Motorcyclists who are involved in an accident commonly suffer serious head injuries, paralysis, severed limbs, burn injuries, and more.
The law protects motorcycle accident victims from the responsibility of paying any costs associated with injuries they were not responsible for causing. Key factors such as the speeds of vehicles at the point of impact, the angle of the impact as well as the type of vehicles involved can play an instrumental role in determining the extent of injuries to a motorcyclist who is almost always on the losing end of any accident.
Low Speeds vs. High Speeds
At low speeds such as those traveled in city streets or high-traffic situations, motorcyclists can suffer any number of injuries including:
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
At high speeds, however, the injuries motorcyclists can sustain are far more serious. Motorcyclists who are involved in high-speed accidents, whether with other vehicles or in a single-bike accident, may suffer:
- Road-rash burn injuries
- Severed limbs & extremities
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Wrongful Death
Even at low speeds, collisions with extra-heavy trucks and other commercial vehicles can increase the likelihood of the most serious types of motorcycle injuries as well.
How Can A Motorcycle Accident Attorney In Shreveport Help You?
If you've been involved in a motorcycle accident, you may be feeling overwhelmed and unsure of what to do next. An experienced motorcycle accident attorney can help you navigate the legal process and pursue maximum compensation for your injuries.
Here are some ways an attorney can help you after a motorcycle accident:
- Help you understand your legal rights and options: After a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. A Shreveport motorcycle accident lawyer can explain your legal rights and help you decide how to proceed.
- Investigate the accident to identify all possible sources of recovery: Motorcycle accidents often involve complex issues of liability. An experienced lawyer will know how to conduct a thorough investigation to identify all potential sources of recovery, including insurance policies and assets of the at-fault parties.
- Gather evidence to support your claim: In order to recover compensation after a motorcycle accident, you will need to prove that another party was at fault. An experienced attorney will know how to collect and preserve important evidence, such as photos of the accident scene, witness statements, and medical records.
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf: After a motorcycle accident, you will likely deal with insurance adjusters who may try to lowball your settlement or deny your claim altogether. An experienced Shreveport motorcycle accident lawyer can handle all communications with the insurance companies and fight for the full amount of compensation you deserve.
- Prepare and file a lawsuit, if necessary: In some cases, negotiation with the insurance companies may not be possible, and filing a lawsuit may be the only way to recover the compensation you deserve. An experienced Shreveport motorcycle accident attorney can handle all aspects of litigation, from filing the initial complaint to taking your case to trial.
- Advocate for you throughout the legal process: A Shreveport motorcycle accident lawyer can be your advocate throughout the entire legal process, from investigation through trial. Your lawyer will stand up for your rights and fight for the best possible outcome in your case.
- Help you recover maximum compensation for your injuries: An experienced Shreveport motorcycle accident attorney will fight for rights and help you ensure the maximum compensation amount that you truly deserve.
Obtaining Compensation for Your Injuries
Being involved in a motorcycle accident is one of the most stressful and difficult situations many people will ever face. When these accidents involve injuries to a motorcyclist, negative impacts can increase exponentially. As a victim, you need a Shreveport motorcycle accident attorney who understands the intense situation their clients are going through.
The dedicated staff of attorneys and legal professionals at Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers has a deep knowledge and appreciation for the troubles our clients face. We believe strongly that everything should be done from a legal standpoint to see that the motorcycle accident injury victims we represent are given the very best chance at substantial financial compensation from negligent drivers whose bad decisions caused their injuries in the first place.
Contact us today. Our firm has extensive knowledge of motorcycle accident scenarios. Hire a Shreveport motorcycle accident attorney that you can trust to get the compensation you deserve.