Types of Injuries in Common Injury Cases
Work with Our Shreveport Personal Injury Attorney
There are many devastating types of injuries that can be sustained as the result of a personal injury accident, even serious, life-threatening and life-altering injuries. If you have suffered a personal injury of any type, contact a Shreveport personal injury attorney from our firm to discuss your case. There are many types of injuries that can be sustained for one reason or another.
Click on the following links for more information about these types of injuries:
- Spinal Cord Injuries - Spinal cord injuries are extremely devastating and can result in paraplegia, quadriplegia, and numbness or other degrees of paralysis for the rest of the victim's life. If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury you may be able to seek compensation for the cost of medical treatments and the lifetime of care that will be required after the injury.
- Brain Injury - Brain injuries can have hugely detrimental effects on the victim. Brain injuries can lead to lifelong mental disabilities, such as cerebral palsy. A brain injury can leave a victim needing 24/7 medical care and attention, and may result in them needing to live in a nursing home or assisted living facility for the rest of their lives.
- Burn Injuries - One of the hardest parts of suffering a burn injury is the disfigurement that can occur as a result of the injury. Burns can often continue to worsen after the fire, heat, or chemical that caused the burn is removed. Immediate treatment is required to minimize the damage and scarring that is common with burn injuries.
- Broken Bones - Besides the pain and discomfort that come from a broken bone, a victim of an accident that results in a broken bone may find themselves unable to work as a result of the injury. Daily activities, such as showering and driving to work, can become impossible without the help of a nurse. And if the bone does not heal properly, the victim can suffer pain for the rest of their lives.
- Catastrophic Injuries - Catastrophic injuries are injuries that result in serious, lifelong disabilities fir the victim. Catastrophic injuries include serious brain and spinal cord injuries, and can also include injuries necessitating an amputation of a limb, or an injury that results in loss of sight, loss of hearing, and other injuries that seriously diminish the quality of life of the victim.
Get the Powerful and Experienced Legal Guidance You Deserve
At Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of personal injury cases, not just those listed above. We have been helping the victims of personal injuries and our attorneys are familiar with the personal injury law and how best to serve you and your case.
We have recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements and are ready to fight for you! Contact us today.