Minden Personal Injury Lawyer
Filing a Personal Injury or Lawsuit
When another person’s negligent or wrongful conduct leaves you injured and struggling to get back on your feet, turn to the team at Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers. As one of Louisiana’s leading personal injury law firms, we are dedicated to helping victims of negligence fight for the fair compensation they deserve. We handle all types of complex cases, including those involving serious car accidents, large truck and commercial vehicle collisions, catastrophic injuries, slips and falls, defective products, medical malpractice, and more.
Our Minden personal injury lawyers understand the challenges you are facing, from overwhelming medical bills to forced time off work to immense physical, emotional, and financial hardship. Our goal is to help you secure maximum compensation so that you can recover the monetary resources you need to heal.
If you or someone you love was injured in an accident, reach out to our firm today to learn how we can help during a free, no-obligation consultation: (888) 492-5532.
When Should You Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer?
While some accidents and injuries are truly blameless, the vast majority result from the carelessness of others. People in a variety of situations have a legal responsibility to act reasonably and take practical measures to prevent others from being harmed. When they fail to do this, and innocent individuals are injured or killed, those responsible can and should be held accountable under the law.
You should consider contacting a personal injury lawyer if the following are true:
- Another person or party (such as a business or product manufacturer) owed you a duty of care
- The other person or party failed to uphold the duty of care by acting negligently or wrongfully
- You were injured, and the other person or party’s conduct was the cause of your injuries
- You suffered measurable economic and/or non-economic “damages,” or losses
You may also have a case even if the other person or party did not necessarily act negligently. In some cases, you can bring a personal injury claim under the theory of strict liability, which holds that certain parties are always liable for injuries and deaths in specific circumstances.
A personal injury lawyer, like those at Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers, can help you determine if you have grounds for a case. Our team can also evaluate the extent of your damages and build a case aimed at securing compensation for your current and future losses.
Depending on the specifics of your case, we may be able to recover compensation for your:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Current and future lost income/wages
- Pain and suffering
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Lost enjoyment of life
Our Minden personal injury attorneys handle all types of cases, from major motor vehicle crashes to severe dog bites and attacks to construction accidents and more. We are here to answer your questions and provide the guidance you need to begin the recovery process.
The Benefits of Working with an Experienced Legal Team
We understand that you may be wondering if hiring a personal injury lawyer is worth the cost. When you are already dealing with unexpected financial challenges due to your injuries, the thought of hiring an attorney can seem like more trouble—and expense—than it’s worth.
However, there are countless advantages to working with a personal injury lawyer rather than trying to handle your claim on your own. For one thing, research has shown that people who hire attorneys nearly always recover significantly higher settlements than those who attempt to resolve their personal injury cases on their own. For another, personal injury law firms, including Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers, provide their services on a contingency fee basis. How this works is the law firm covers the initial costs of litigation, meaning you do not pay any upfront fees. You also do not pay any out-of-pocket expenses when you hire a personal injury lawyer, as your attorney is paid via a percentage of your settlement or verdict. In other words, if you do not receive compensation in your case, you do not owe anything.
When you trust your case to Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers, you benefit from our:
- Proven Track Record of Success: Our attorneys have achieved numerous million- and multimillion-dollar results for our clients, including some of the highest settlements and verdicts in Louisiana history.
- Reputation for Excellent Client Service: We are proud to have more than 800 five-star reviews online from our past and current clients, as well as the respect and recognition of our peers and numerous national legal organizations.
- Extensive Resources: We utilize our vast network of resources, including our mock trials and jury research, to not only prepare every case for trial but also to ensure our clients are confident in the legal process.
- Years of Experience: We have been standing up to insurance companies for decades, and we use this in-depth experience to effectively navigate complex litigation and advocate for each and every one of our clients.
- Willingness to Go to Trial: While some attorneys rush to settle as many cases as possible, we are focused on ensuring our clients recover the maximum compensation they deserve, even if that means going to trial.
- Commitment to You and Your Recovery: Most importantly, we never lose sight of the fact that our clients are real people who are navigating extremely difficult times in their lives. We are dedicated entirely to you and are ready to fight for the fair recovery you deserve.
Our firm will handle all the details of your case—from gathering evidence to handling paperwork to working directly with the insurance company—so that you can simply focus on getting the medical treatment you need to heal from your injuries. When you have Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers on your side, you have a team you can trust.
Schedule a Free Initial Consultation Today
When you turn to Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers, you can trust that we will do everything we can to secure a fast, favorable settlement on your behalf. However, if the insurance company refuses to play fair, we are prepared to take your case to court. Throughout the process, our Minden personal injury attorneys will remain consistently available to you, providing the personal attention and hands-on approach you need to feel confident in your recovery.