Marshall Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
Top-Tier Legal Advocacy When It Counts Most
Spinal cord injuries are life-changing. When taking legal action against the party that caused your injury, it makes sense to work with attorneys who are just as serious. Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers in Marshall should be the first legal team you call for counsel and legal support. We have focused on catastrophic injury claims for decades, including those involving severe spine injuries. Trust in us to know what to do with your case to get you the most compensation possible.
Call (888) 492-5532 now. Initial consultations are free and confidential.
Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries
Our law firm has a long history of taking on difficult cases that other law firms could not manage, either due to a lack of resources or experience. When you bring your spinal cord injury to our firm, you can be confident that we will know the right way to investigate your injury and the accident that caused it. We see every case individually, but we can also reference our extensive practice record for insight into difficult cases.
Four of the most common causes of spinal cord injuries include:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
Whether you were hurt in a motor vehicle accident or another type of incident, we are the right team to work on the case.
Spinal Cord Injury Symptoms
The spinal cord is a bundle of nerves that is essential to the conscious and subconscious control of essentially every body part and organ. If the spinal cord is damaged, even slightly, then it can cause permanent harm because nerve cells are so slow to heal on their own. For this reason, many spinal cord injuries cause lifelong paralysis, either partial or total.
Severe cases of paralysis can result in:
- Paraplegia: When spinal cord damage happens below the chest and close to the base of the spine, it can result in paraplegia or paralysis in both legs.
- Quadriplegia: If spinal cord damage happens above the chest and close to the base of the neck, it can result in quadriplegia or paralysis of all limbs. Quadriplegia or tetraplegia can also paralyze many organs, which will require constant assisted living treatments.
Treatments for Spinal Cord Injuries
Spinal cord injuries are severe and often permanent, but they can be treated to an extent. Advances in modern medicine have created various treatment options for spinal cord injury patients. Although many patients must still live with lifelong complications and paralysis, many others can enjoy some alleviation of symptoms through these treatments. The goal of your treatments will likely be to help you live as comfortably as possible, not necessarily to “cure” the paralysis.
Two specialized forms of spinal cord injury treatments are:
- Spine surgery: Orthopedic surgeons can conduct precise and intensive spine surgeries to correct damage to the spine and spinal cord. Such surgeries are risky and painful, though, so they are not usually an option unless no other possible treatments exist.
- Rehabilitative therapy: Specialized forms of rehabilitative therapy like physical therapy and occupational therapy can help restore some of your mobility if you are partially paralyzed by a spinal cord injury. It might take months or years before you see major improvements, though.
Value of Your Spinal Cord Injury Claim
By the time your spinal cord injury claim ends, we want to make sure that you will be fully compensated for your losses. The cost of your medical treatments alone could be staggering, especially when factoring in future costs like prolonged therapies. Even if your case is worth a million dollars or more, though, we will be ready to chase down every penny owed to you.
The damages provided by your spinal cord injury claim should cover the following and more:
- Past and future medical bills
- Months or years of rehabilitative therapy
- Permanent disability complications
- Pain and suffering
- Lessened enjoyment of life
- Lost independence
Choose a Reputable Team for Your Case
Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers is one of the most trusted names in Marshall, Texas when it comes to catastrophic injury case representation. We have the knowledge, experience, and resources needed to challenge major insurance companies in hard-fought cases like those involving spinal cord injuries. See what our award-winning attorneys can do for you today.
If your case needs to go to court, we’ll be ready. Find out more by filling out an online contact form now.