Marshall Car Accident Attorneys
Auto Insurance Companies Know Our Name
Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers is well-known throughout Marshall and Texas for our ability to take virtually any car accident claim and find a way to bring it to success for our clients. If you were hit by a reckless or negligent driver, then you should come to our firm first for legal counsel. When our name is on a car accident claim filing, the responding insurance company – be it a nationwide brand like Geico or a local brand like Amtex Auto Insurance – will recognize us and know it needs to take the case seriously. Otherwise, it will have to prepare for a serious legal fight with experienced auto accident attorneys.
Find out more about our legal services that can help you after a car accident. Call (888) 492-5532.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
How did your car accident happen? We will ask this question at the start of your case and get to work investigating the situation as much as we can. The goal is to find evidence that proves you did nothing wrong, so the full liability of the accident will be placed on the other driver.
Causes of car accidents can vary, such as:
- Distraction: Driver distraction is incredibly dangerous and comes in many forms. Most commonly, though, drivers distract themselves by using their smartphones when driving. Looking at a text message for 5 seconds while traveling at highway speeds will make the driver travel the length of a football field “blindly.”
- Intoxication: Drinking a single alcoholic beverage and then driving is completely unacceptable, and drivers who commit this illegal act of negligence know it, too. In other words, there is no such thing as safe buzzed driving.
- Reckless driving: Unsafe driving behaviors like speeding, tailgating, and changing a lane without signaling are terribly common. Unfortunately, they are also horribly dangerous and cause thousands upon thousands of preventable car accidents each year.
- Auto part failures: Were you driving when you suddenly lost control of your vehicle? It might be that an auto part abruptly failed on you, causing you to crash. If that happened, then the automaker who used the part could be liable.
- Poor road conditions: When a car accident is caused by or worsened due to a defect with the road, the municipal department in charge of maintaining the road could be liable. Examples of unacceptable road defects include large potholes, missing guardrails, unclear lane markings, etc.
Texas Modified Comparative Negligence Rule
In Texas, car accident cases are subjected to the state’s modified comparative negligence rule. Under this rule, you cannot be more than 50% liable for your car accident and still have a valid claim to file against the other involved parties. Also, the amount of compensation you can receive will be reduced by the same percentage as your liability, so it is imperative to work with a legal team that knows how to keep your liability as low as possible.
Will Your Car Accident Settle?
Most legally sound car accident claims do not need to go to court for litigation. Instead, they can be settled through careful negotiations between the auto insurance company and the claimant’s attorney. At Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers, we know how to reach a settlement, so you can get paid sooner than later. However, if the opposition will not offer a fair amount to pay for your damages, then our trial lawyers can take them to court.
We Have Recovered Millions – Find Out More
Throughout our decades of collective practice experience, we have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, with many of our successful cases involving car accident claims. Get our Marshall car accident attorneys on your side right away if you were in a wreck that was not your fault. You can trust our know-how and talents to steer your case in the right direction from the beginning to the end.
Contact our firm now to request a FREE initial consultation.