Workers in the oil and gas industry are exposed to lots of risks, and many times those risks lead to oilfield accidents. Unfortunately, negligence is the leading cause of oilfield accidents, and most are preventable. If you have been injured in an oilfield accident, Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers can help you obtain fair compensation for your injuries.
Most oilfield accidents cause serious injuries. The impact can reduce the quality of your life and your ability to provide for yourself and your loved ones. More catastrophic injuries can cause lifelong disability and even death. At Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers, for decades, we have seen firsthand the impact of these accidents. We understand the challenges you can face in an oilfield accident claim, and we have dealt with them successfully.
For more than 20 years, we have provided exceptional representation to our clients and have helped them recover millions in compensation. We have the skill, experience, and resources to make your case our next success story.
What Are the Common Oilfield Accidents?
Oilfields are danger-prone areas. Inclement weather and other environmental factors can contribute to oilfield accidents. However, most accidents are preventable and happen because of negligence. Some of the common oilfield accidents include:
Explosions and Fires
Flammable substances — boating fuels and natural gas drilled offshore — present in oilfields can easily trigger explosions and fire outbreaks. The following circumstances make fires and explosions more likely in oilfields:
- Watercraft crashes
- Failures to properly store flammable substances
- Failure to provide adequate training or safety equipment for offshore workers
- Inadequate inspection and maintenance of pipelines, industrial equipment, and watercraft
Oilfield explosions usually get media coverage and public outcry because of their ugly aftermath. Victims often suffer catastrophic injuries such as burns, traumatic brain injury, carbon monoxide poisoning, and even death.
If you’ve been injured in an oilfield fire accident, Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers can help you recover damages for your injuries.
Oilfield workers exposed to harmful chemicals used in the production and extraction process can be injured by those toxic substances. The exposure may happen via inhalation, ingestion, or skin contact. It may also occur in a single event or for extended periods. Sometimes, these exposures happen because oil companies fail to follow standard procedures in handling chemicals, and/or fail to provide their workers with protective gear. They can also happen because of defective equipment.
In any of these cases, if you were injured from exposure to hazardous chemicals, you are entitled to recover compensation for your injuries.
Sometimes, oilfield accidents happen because equipment fails to perform as it is supposed to. A design flaw, a defect in the manufacturing process, or inadequate maintenance can cause equipment to malfunction. You may be able to sue the manufacturers if equipment defects caused your injuries.
Falls and Slips
Rugged, sloppy, and slippery surfaces present in oilfields increase the likelihood of oilfield workers falling or slipping. Equipment malfunction or platform collapse can also cause oilfield workers to fall from heights. As one of the most common causes of oilfield accidents, falls can cause concussions and more severe injuries such as neck and back injuries, head injuries, and spine injuries.
Sometimes, it may be difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of an oilfield accident. Several parties may be involved, and several factors may be at play. At Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers, we’ve seen multiple oilfield accident cases. We are skilled at investigating and discovering the cause and holding those responsible accountable.
How Our Oilfield Accident Lawyers Can Help You
Oilfield accidents involve complex legal issues you may not know how to navigate without expert help. In addition, most oilfield accidents result in life-altering injuries, and you don’t want to leave the outcome of your case to chance. Our oilfield accident lawyers can help you in the following ways:
- Investigate the accident. Our lawyers will thoroughly investigate your case to discover the cause of the accident. We’ll gather the relevant evidence, interview witnesses, and go through documents and records to build your case.
- Determine the extent of your injuries. Many maritime injury laws allow you to claim damages for your injuries. We’ll assess the extent of the injuries you suffered and the medical bills you’ve incurred so you can recover compensation for them.
- Negotiate with insurance companies. Insurance companies don’t have your best interest at heart, no matter what they say. However, from our years of experience dealing with them, we know how to negotiate maximum compensation for our clients.
- Represent you in court. Although most of our cases don’t end up in court, we prepare every case with trial in mind. So, if your case ends up in trial, we are fully ready to fight for you.
When Should I Talk to an Oilfield Accident Lawyer?
If you’ve been hurt in an oilfield accident, contact an oilfield accident lawyer as soon as you can. There are several reasons you don’t want to waste any time:
- You have limited time to file your case. Claims undermaritime injury laws have specific timelines within which you must file your claim or lose the right to do so. So, you don’t have all the time in the world.
- To get your compensation as quickly as possible. my Life can go downhill fast when you're injured. Talking to an oilfield accident lawyer as soon as possible can help you get adequate compensation so you can start building your life back as soon as possible.
- Insurance companies and negligent companies have their own lawyers. You’ll be outmatched if you try to take on the liable companies on your own. Insurance companies have seen cases like yours multiple times, yet they have lawyers on their side. You need to have a lawyer on your side to stand a chance of winning your case.
- You could have multiple claims. The accident can cut across many maritime injury laws and claims. An attorney can help you handle all of them.
There’s no reason to delay contacting us. At Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers, you will only pay for our services if we win your case. So, you will lose nothing. Take advantage of our free, no-obligation consultation to get clear answers and the expert advice you need.
What Compensation Is Available for Oilfield Accident Cases?
Factors such as the type of injury you suffered and the type(s) of claim affect the compensation you can receive. But, generally, you can recover the following damages:
- Medical bills, including future medical bills
- Loss of consortium
- Lost wages, benefits, and bonuses
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Funeral expenses where death occurred
Get Answers and Compassionate Representation From Our Experienced Oilfield Accident Lawyers
Whatever the cause of your oilfield accident and the injuries you have suffered, the oilfield accident lawyers at Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers are here for you. We have a proven track record of providing our clients with stellar representation in oilfield accident cases. From our decades of experience representing our clients, we know the challenges in oilfield accidents, and we know how to surmount them.
When the stakes are high, you can count on us to fight tirelessly to help you get the justice and compensation you deserve. Our lawyers are fierce advocates, whether in the courtroom or at the negotiation table, and we will stop at nothing to get you maximum compensation for your injuries. You can trust our reputation for excellence, integrity, and commitment to winning, even when the odds are against you. Contact us today and discover the difference our skilled attorneys can make in your case and recovery.