Fort Worth Truck Accident Attorneys
Big Opposition Against Big Trucking Companies
Trucking companies and the national insurance companies that often insure them will bring serious fights against anyone who files an injury claim against them. If you want to get the money you are owed after a bad truck accident, then you need to be ready to bring a fight to them as well. With the help of Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers and our Fort Worth truck accident attorneys, you can.
We are a law firm that was founded on the basic principle that every injured party deserves reliable legal counsel and representation. Yet, far too often, this is not the case, especially when a big trucking company is pushing back at every step for a case. Don’t let them do this to you. Team up with us, so we can stand up for your right to compensation.
Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
Our team of truck accident lawyers is skilled in investigating these specific types of accidents. We know how to find different types of evidence that can be used to prove that the trucker was negligent and caused the crash, not you. For example, some trucks are equipped with a “black box” device that records the truck’s speed and the truck driver’s most recent break periods. If we can get this data, then we can more easily prove that you weren’t the cause of the crash that hurt you.
What are some common causes of truck accidents?
- Exhaustion: Truck drivers can drive up to 11 hours in a single 14-hour shift, which makes them incredibly tired toward the end of it. As exhaustion worsens, they become more and more likely to make a serious mistake that causes a crash.
- Impairment: To counteract the fatigue of long driving schedules, some truck drivers use stimulants to keep them awake. However, stimulants and other drugs cause various side effects that also make it dangerous to drive.
- Failure to check mirrors: Big rigs have huge blind spots on all four sides. Drivers must try not to linger in these spots. At the same time, truckers still have an obligation to use mirrors whenever they can and to be cautious whenever changing lanes or merging.
- Overloaded trailers: Placing too much cargo into a trailer or onto a flatbed can cause a truck accident later by making it more difficult for the trucker to control their vehicle.
When an Equipment Failure is the Cause
Another cause of many truck accidents is equipment failure. Specifically, if the brake system of a semi-truck fails, then the truck will not be able to come to a safe stop. This situation is almost guaranteed to end in a disastrous crash that leaves someone catastrophically injured.
Truck equipment failures create complicated cases because the liable party might not just be the truck driver. It is highly likely that the company that manufactured the part is also directly to blame for what happened, which means your case might involve multiple defendants. When the odds seemed stacked against you because the opposition to your injury claim is fierce, there is no better time to come to us for help.
Is Your Truck Accident Claim Worth a Lot?
How much is your truck accident claim worth? You are probably wondering this question, as most of our truck accident clients do. You might have heard about truck accident cases that reach headlines because the claimant gets a multimillion-dollar settlement. Can you expect the same for your case? It depends on the damages you have suffered and how strong your case can stand up to the opposition’s scrutiny.
In a truck accident case, the damages owed to the claimant can include:
- Medical bills: All past and future medical costs and treatments should be provided for the claimant, including rehabilitative therapy and prescription costs.
- Lost wages: If you missed paychecks and/or can’t earn as much in the future due to a new disability, then your lost wages can be added to your claim’s value.
- Vehicle repairs: You can demand that the defendant pays for your vehicle repair or replacement costs. Although, this is technically handled in a separate property damage claim.
- Pain and suffering: The pain, suffering, and mental anguish you have felt because of your injuries can add to the non-economic damages of your case.
- Permanent disability: Injury claimants can usually demand additional compensation if a medical professional has diagnosed them with a permanent disability after the crash.
We cannot promise that your claim will be worth a certain amount or that we can secure it. Beware of any law firm that does. But we can promise to do everything in our power to maximize the value of your claim and fight tenaciously to win if you hire us.
Strong Enough to Face Any Defendant – Call Now
Our Fort Worth truck accident attorneys are ready to handle your claim from start to finish for you. We take pride in being able to secure impressive victories when other law firms would have backed down. To see what our team can make of your case, please call (888) 492-5532 or email us to schedule a no-cost consultation.