Guardrail Accident Lawyer
Fighting to Win Justice & Maximum Recoveries for the Victims of Guardrail Accidents
Guardrails can be life-saving features on the roads. They may also intensify a crash if they aren’t correctly built or installed. No matter how guardrails are involved in auto accidents, however, there are good chances negligence was too.
At Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers, we have deep knowledge of the issues and challenges involved in guardrail accident cases — and we are extraordinarily skilled at bringing these cases to successful resolutions, using the most effective strategies to help our clients win.
For more than 20 years, our guardrail accident lawyers have been devoted to helping people just like you recover when it matters most. And we have the experience, resources, and tenacity to secure the best possible outcomes in even the toughest cases.
That’s why we’re known as top car accident attorneys in Louisiana and Texas. And it’s why you can rely on us for exceptional representation throughout the course of a case.
Just contact Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers for case-specific answers and advice whenever you need it. We are ready to help you 24/7.
Call 888-492-5532 or Email Us for a Free, Confidential Consultation 24/7
Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers has an unmatched record of success in all types of car accident cases, including guardrail accident claims. We are ready to make your case and recovery our next victory.
Click on a link below to jump directly to any section and get more answers about guardrail accidents and what victims need to know after these wrecks.
- How Do Guardrail Accidents Happen in Louisiana & Texas?
- Who Is At Fault for My Guardrail Accident?
- What Evidence Do I Need for a Guardrail Accident Claim?
How Do Guardrail Accidents Happen in Louisiana & Texas?
Wrecks with guardrails can occur when cars hit or are pushed into these road safety features. Often, that happens when:
- Motorists are negligent: Drivers can drift out of their lane of traffic and collide with guardrails if they’re distracted, drunk, or drowsy. Similarly, careless drivers may sideswipe or crash into other motorists, pushing them out of the right lane of traffic and into the guardrail.
- Mechanical failures occur: When brakes, tires, or other vital vehicle equipment fails, motorists can lose control of their vehicles and crash into guardrails. That can happen either before or after out-of-control vehicles hit other cars on the road.
When these guardrail accidents happen, the guardrails can:
- Absorb some of the crash impacts
- Prevent vehicles from entering riskier areas that could result in fatal wrecks, like adjacent bodies of water, oncoming lanes of traffic, or a cliff drop-off right alongside a roadway
Despite that, however, guardrails themselves can also present dangers on the roads. In fact, if guardrails are defective, they can:
- Fail to safely collapse when absorbing the force of a crash
- Lock up, instead of collapsing, becoming spear-like in nature
- Slice through vehicles, causing severe and deadly injuries to vehicle occupants, instead of protecting them
It’s also critical to point out road and/or weather conditions can factor into guardrail accidents. For instance:
- A lack of guardrails can make some roads more dangerous and potentially contribute to more serious wrecks.
- Poorly maintained roads can be more difficult to safely navigate due to faded lane paint, debris in the roads, or other factors. That can also contribute to guardrail accidents.
- If weather reduces visibility or makes the roads slick, again, the risk of a guardrail car crash can spike.
Who Is At Fault for My Guardrail Accident?
Any person or party whose actions caused the guardrail car wreck can be at fault for that accident. Since several parties and actions can give way to these crashes, those who are at fault could include (and are not limited to) any combination of:
- Negligent drivers if their aggressive, careless, or reckless actions behind the wheel factored into guardrail accidents
- Guardrail manufacturers if their defective guardrails played a role in causing or worsening a wreck
- Motor carriers and/or other companies in the commercial transportation industry if their unsafe drivers, vehicles, or policies contributed to a guardrail accident
- Cities, counties, contractors, or others who are responsible for roadway construction and maintenance if unsafe road conditions factored into a wreck
As you consider fault and the legal options for holding negligent parties liable, here are a few other key issues you need to keep in mind:
- The time to file a guardrail accident claim is limited, and you may have even less time if you’re going to be suing a public entity (like a city or county).
- Fault isn’t always clear-cut or easy to figure out, and victims who share partial fault (but aren’t primarily liable) may still qualify for compensation under Louisiana and Texas laws.
- A guardrail accident lawyer can explain fault, making it much easier for you to identify the available legal remedies.
The guardrail accident attorneys at Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers are ready to learn about your potential claim, explain liability, and highlight your best options for recovery and justice. No matter what you know or don’t know about your accident, we can help you get a better idea of how to proceed, and we can help you successfully navigate the road to recovery moving forward.
What Evidence Do I Need for a Guardrail Accident Claim?
The essential evidence for guardrail accident cases depends on the crash causes and who’s liable for it. In other words, there’s no definitive list of evidence that needs to be presented for all guardrail crash cases. Instead, evidence is case-specific and depends on exactly what you need to prove, both in terms of fault and damages.
While Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers can give you confidential answers to this question, in general, items like (but not exclusive to) the following tend to be helpful in guardrail accident claims:
- Police crash reports
- Eyewitness statements
- Expert witness analysis and testimony
- Pictures and/or videos of the accident scene, including the damaged guardrail and vehicles
- Guardrail safety testing and manufacturing records
- Data from electronic logging devices, dashcams, and/or motor carrier records
Get Confidential Advice from Guardrail Accident Lawyer 24/7
You may only have one opportunity to get justice and recover compensation after a guardrail accident. Make it count and present the strongest case possible by working with the 5-star guardrail accident lawyers at Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers.
Focused, fearless, and savvy, we are honored to provide the winning advocacy and compassionate service we would expect if we were in your shoes. Discover the difference our team can make in your claim and recovery by contacting us today.
Call 888-492-5532 or Email Us for a Free, Confidential Consultation.
Your path to justice can start with a call or an email.