Poor Lighting Accident Lawyer
Pursuing Justice When Inadequate Street Lighting Causes Car Wrecks in LA & TX
Visibility is essential to safe driving. Street lighting can play a key role when it comes to visibility, helping motorists see and navigate the roads safely, especially at nighttime. When roads lack sufficient lighting, the risks of car crashes can skyrocket. And the victims of these accidents may have a legal claim against the parties responsible for keeping the roads safe and well-maintained.
At Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers, we are devoted to helping car accidents victims recover and get justice. Experienced, relentless, and fearless, our poor lighting accident lawyers know how to go up against the toughest opponents in and outside the courtroom, providing extraordinary representation every step of the way.
No matter how complex a case may be, we have what it takes to achieve successful resolutions and the maximum available recoveries when it matters most. That’s why you can trust us for fierce advocacy and compassionate, client-focused service when it’s time to file a poor lighting accident claim and fight for justice.
To get confidential answers and advice about a potential case, simply contact Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers. We are here for you, ready to help 24/7.
Call 888-492-5532 or Email Us for a Free, Confidential Consultation 24/7.
Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers has an unparalleled record of success in all types of car accident cases, including those caused by inadequate or poor lighting. Let us make your claim and recovery our next victory.
Click on a link below to jump directly to any section and get more answers about how poor lighting can cause car crashes and what victims need to know in the aftermath of these wrecks.
- How Does Poor Lighting Cause Car Accidents?
- Who Is Liable for Poor Lighting Accidents in Texas & Louisiana?
- How Can a Poor Lighting Accident Lawyer Help Me?
A lack of streetlights can make it challenging, if not impossible, for drivers to see roadway curves, traffic signs, pedestrians, and maybe even other vehicles on the roads. At night or in adverse weather, difficulties seeing anything on the roads can cause drivers to misinterpret their surroundings. That can set the stage for serious and deadly wrecks.
Generally, inadequate street lighting can contribute to car crashes when comes in the form of:
- Broken streetlights
- Dim or blinking road lighting
- Streetlights placed too far apart
- Streetlights placed too close to the ground, causing blinding glare
- No lighting at all on streets, at intersections, and/or at crosswalks
Here, it’s also important to point out that:
- About 25% of all driving happens at night. Yet, that’s also when more than 50% of deadly car crashes happen (source: NSC).
- Studies show improving streetlights in areas with poor lighting can reduce the incidence of car accidents by as much as 35% (source: IATSS).
Liability for poor lighting accidents usually lies with the party or parties who are responsible for roadway maintenance and safety. In Louisiana, that maintenance is typically done by road lighting districts that are established by parishes. In Texas, it’s generally the cities or counties that handle this maintenance.
Keep in mind, however, that:
- Homeowners’ associations and/or other parties may be responsible for streetlight maintenance on private property.
- The parties who have failed to sufficiently light the roads may not be the only ones liable for car accidents caused by poor street lighting.
- If a government entity is among the liable parties, there can be different deadlines for filing a case. Often, those deadlines are much shorter than typical statutes of limitations for cases against non-government parties.
The best way to determine liability for any poor lighting accident in Louisiana or Texas — including a dark road accident or a broken streetlight accident —is by talking to a car accident lawyer at Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers. After learning more about your situation, we can share deeper insights about liability and how to pursue recovery.
Beyond explaining liability, a poor lighting accident lawyer can advise and support you while helping you with every aspect of a claim. That can include investigations, case filings, insurance company interactions, damage calculations, and much more.
An attorney can also represent you and fight on your behalf, especially in tough situations, like when at-fault parties are:
- Denying liability
- Wrongly blaming victims for a crash
- Misinterpreting the evidence
- Refusing to offer fair damages
- Making it necessary to take a case to trial
At Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers, our poor lighting accident lawyers go above and beyond to set our clients and their cases up for success and the best possible outcomes. We are proud to be the compassionate, skilled advocates victims can rely on when it’s time to recover, and we know how to make negligent parties pay.
A 5-Star Poor Lighting Accident Lawyer Is Ready to Help You 24/7
You don’t have unlimited time to file a poor lighting accident claim, and you don’t have to pursue a case on your own. An experienced car accident lawyer at Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers can provide the exceptional representation you deserve when you need it most. Skilled at winning all types of car wreck cases, our poor lighting accident lawyers are ready to help you recover.
Backed by 20 years’ experience and a winning record, we have a well-deserved reputation for excellence, success, integrity, and the highest quality of legal services. Discover the difference our team can make in your case and recovery by contacting us today.
Call 888-492-5532 or Email Us for a Free, Confidential Consultation. Your path to justice can start with a call or an email.