Failure to Obey Traffic Signals Lawyer
Running Red Lights Is a Leading & Preventable Cause of Car Crashes, Injuries & Death
Traffic signals are vital to the safe flow of roadway travelers at intersections. While many drivers have no problem safely navigating traffic signals, others ignore them, blowing through red lights and seriously increasing the risks of car accidents. In fact, every day in the U.S., at least two people are killed in accidents caused by drivers who ignore traffic signals and run red lights (source: AAA).
When drivers fail to comply with traffic signals and car accidents happen, these negligent motorists may be just one party at fault for the injuries, suffering, and damages victims suffer.
At Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to helping victims just like you recover from crashes caused by others’ traffic violations and negligence. For more than 20 years, our failure to obey traffic signals lawyers have been fighting for full, fair compensation, going up against the toughest opponents to win when it matters most.
Inside and outside the courtroom, we have the skills, knowledge, tenacity, and resources to achieve successful resolutions and the maximum available recoveries. That’s why we’re recognized as top car accident attorneys in Louisiana and Texas — and it’s why you can count on us to help you protect your rights, win, and recover.
A failure to obey traffic signals lawyer at Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers is ready to help you now. Simply contact us for confidential answers and claim-specific advice. We are here for you 24/7.
Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers has an unrivaled record of success in all types of auto crash cases, including those involving red light wrecks and intersection car accidents. Let us make your claim and recovery our next victory.
Click on a link below to jump directly to any section and get more answers about how failures to obey traffic signals can cause accidents and what victims need to know in the aftermath of these car crashes.
- Why Do Drivers Run Red Lights & Fail to Obey Traffic Signals?
- Red Light Accident Statistics
- How Do I Prove Another Driver Ignored Signs & Signals, Causing a Crash?
Negligence is the main reason drivers don’t respond to or comply with traffic signals. Underlying that negligence could be several issues, like (but not limited to):
- Driver impairment, distraction, or fatigue: Intoxication, inattention, and drowsiness can prevent motorists from seeing, understanding, and properly responding to their driving environment. When drunk, distracted, or tired drivers approach intersections, there’s are a far greater risk these motorists will end up running a red light and causing a serious crash.
- Driver inexperience: Motorists who are not used to navigating changing traffic signals may misjudge when to stop at versus proceed through yellow lights. Again, that can cause crashes if these inexperienced drivers make the wrong call, confuse other motorists, and/or violate traffic laws.
- Road rage: Aggression and extreme anger on the roads can be blinding, causing cognitive distractions and motivating drivers to behave recklessly behind the wheel. At intersections, that could mean drivers consumed by road rage intentionally run red lights and get into terrible motor vehicle wrecks.
Whether a driver ignored signs and traffic signals — or whether (s)he was purposely running a red light — accidents can happen, and negligent motorists can be liable for them.
- Annually, more than 840 people are killed in crashes caused by drivers who run red lights.
- About 143,000 roadway travelers are injured in red light accidents each year. That works out to about 392 injuries every day.
- While 86% of motorists agree that running a red light is extremely dangerous, nearly 1 in 3 admit to doing just that within the past month.
- About 28% of all motor vehicles accidents at intersections are caused by drivers running a red light.
- Since 2012, crashes caused by drivers’ failure to obey traffic signals have increased by more than 10%.
- The motorists who are most likely to ignore traffic signals and run red lights include younger male drivers with a history of causing car crashes or prior DUI convictions.
These statistics are stunning, but they don’t impart just how devastating one crash can be when victims suffer serious or catastrophic injuries. And they don’t help victims recover or get justice. Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers can, however. Our failure to obey traffic signals lawyers can help you figure out and pursue your best legal options, so you can hold negligent parties accountable.
Many types of evidence may establish other motorists’ liability in red light accidents. That may include (and is not limited to) evidence like:
- Red light camera photos
- Witness statements
- Police reports
- Crash scene photos and videos
- Testimony from accident reconstructionists
- Footage from dash cams or nearby surveillance cameras
The experienced car accident attorneys at Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers can help you determine what evidence you may need to establish fault, and we can astutely handle the investigation, as well as every aspect of a case that follows.
Talk to a Failure to Obey Traffic Signals Lawyer Before It’s Too Late
There’s zero cost, obligation, or risk to talk to a car accident attorney and get important answers about your rights and a possible case. Plus, the sooner you move forward to learn about your rights, the sooner you can start protecting them and taking action to recover.
A 5-star attorney at Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers is ready to explain your rights and options while advocating for you going forward. Skilled at providing exceptional representation and fierce advocacy, we know how to win all types of car wreck cases, including those that involve failures to obey traffic signals. Discover the difference our team can make in your claim and recovery by contacting us today.