Bossier City Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
Make Yourself the Boss After a Workplace Accident
If you want to get the full compensation and benefits that you need and deserve after a workplace accident, then you have to be prepared to take charge of the situation. Relying entirely on your employer and their insurance provider for help with workers’ compensation is risky. They will not be as invested as you are in the outcome of your case. They might even actively work against you!
Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers can help you file, manage, and elevate your workers’ compensation claim. We proudly represent workers in Bossier City who are employed in all sorts of industries.
Different types of workers we can represent include but are not limited to:
- First responders
- Retail workers
- Foodservice workers
- Office workers
- Public transportation workers
- Hospitality workers
- Healthcare workers
- Construction workers
Today is the right day to find out more about your workers’ compensation options after a work-related accident. Please call us at (888) 492-5532 to request a no-cost consultation. We accept calls 24/7.
Common Workplace Accidents
Every workplace has the potential for danger, especially when safety protocols are not made the top priority. Whether you work in a quiet office with a few other people or work in roadside construction, you could unexpectedly be in a workplace accident that prevents you from returning to work for a while.
Some of the most common types of workplace accidents include:
- Falls from heights: The construction industry is one of the most dangerous in the country due to the inherent jobsite hazards, such as workspaces with verticality. Falling from heights or off a scaffolding is one of the leading causes of job-related fatalities each year.
- Exposures to hazardous materials: Hazardous chemicals can be dangerous in any workplace if they are not used and stored properly. For example, a retail worker who uses harsh chemicals to clean the store each day could fall ill from repeated exposure.
- Work vehicle accidents: Police officers, firefighters, EMTs, food courier drivers, and other professionals who drive each day while on the job are at risk of getting into a car accident caused by negligent motorists.
- Struck-by accidents: When a worker is hit by a moving object – such as a work vehicle or a falling object – it is called a struck-by accident.
- Fires: Workplace fires are extremely dangerous in any setting, but they are notorious in the oil industry, such as when a fire breaks out on an oil rig or oil field.
What Benefits Can You Get with Workers’ Comp?
Workers’ compensation is a no-fault insurance system, which means you should qualify for its benefits even if you admit to being the sole cause of your workplace accident and injuries. It is designed this way to make sure that you do not have to get caught in a legal battle with your employer, who is sure to have far more resources than you. As such, you should be able to get workers’ comp benefits that help you get back on your feet again soon without distressing your finances.
Three of the most important benefits available through workers’ comp include:
- Medical coverage: All medical bills related to necessary treatments – not elective treatments – should be fully paid by the workers’ comp insurance company. This coverage includes even small costs like co-pays and the price of gas to get to an appointment.
- Wage replacement: If you miss work for an extended period because of your injury, then you can earn temporary wage replacement benefits. You can also become eligible for long-term or permanent disability benefits for permanent disabilities.
- Vocational retraining: You might be eligible to receive vocational retraining courses and certifications at no cost to you, which allow you to start a new role, job, or career if your injury prevents you from ever returning to the role you had before your accident.
File a Strong Claim with Our Help
Are you ready to learn more about your options after a workplace accident in Bossier City? Come to the law firm of Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers today. We are ready, too, and would be honored to be the legal team you choose to guide and represent you during this challenging time.
For more information at no cost to you, dial (888) 492-5532 and ask for your free initial consultation.