Bossier City Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Handling Motorcycle Injury Claims & Lawsuits
Motorcyclists deserve the utmost care from other motorists whenever they are on the road. One small mistake and a motorcycle rider could be in a life-changing accident. Unfortunately, many drivers do not take their responsibilities seriously, and they cause tens of thousands of motorcycle accidents each year across the country.
If you were in a motorcycle accident and left seriously injured, do not let your story become just another statistic for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to track. Make sure your case is heard and your right to compensation is respected. Start by coming to Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers in Bossier City. Our motorcycle accident attorneys would be proud to be your legal allies and champions during this difficult time.
Speak with a member of our highly experienced team by dialing (888) 492-5532 now.
Devastating Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents usually result in severe injuries. The NHTSA even estimates that a motorcyclist is nearly 30 times more likely to suffer catastrophic or fatal injuries than motorists in different types of vehicles when they are in similar crashes. Why is it that motorcycle accidents are so devastating? The simple answer is that motorcyclists have very little protection from the worst an accident can do, which is why it is so important for motorists to be even more cautious and responsible whenever they share the road with a motorcycle.
In motorcycle accident cases, claimants often cite these catastrophic injuries when demanding damages:
- Traumatic brain injuries: A helmet can only do so much to protect a motorcyclist’s head in a crash. The most concerning risk of a motorcycle accident is a life-changing traumatic brain injury (TBI). Even a “mild” TBI can cause serious complications like memory loss, speech impediments, physical disabilities, and more.
- Spinal cord injuries: If a motorcyclist is thrown off their ride in a crash, they run the risk of slamming into the asphalt. The force of the impact can cause severe damage to the back, shoulders, neck, and spine. Spinal cord damage can cause immediate, permanent paralysis.
- Road rash: When a motorcyclist slides across the asphalt in a crash, even with protective clothing, they could suffer a severe soft tissue injury called road rash. The friction of the slide can destroy layers of skin and risk infection. Severe road rash can even destroy tissues down to the bone.
- Multiple broken bones: It is common for motorcyclists to suffer multiple broken bones in a crash. Recovery will be painful and extensive, possibly leaving the rider in traction for weeks. If the bones do not set and heal correctly, then there could be lifelong consequences.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
How did your motorcycle accident happen? The question seems simple, but the answer might be complicated. We will want to conduct a full investigation of your accident to see if we can pinpoint exactly what went wrong and who is responsible. In the end, we should be able to prove that full liability belongs to the other party, not you.
Three of the worst, most common causes of motorcycle accidents are:
- Distracted drivers: Drivers who pay only half attention to the road are far more likely to hit a motorcyclist. One of the issues is that drivers train their eyes to look for large silhouettes and two headlights when checking mirrors, blind spots, and approaching vehicles. An inattentive driver can look right at a motorcycle and not “see” it because it does not match the typical description of a motor vehicle.
- Road defects: An issue with the road that might annoy a driver in a full-sized car could be what causes a motorcyclist to wipe out and crash. For example, deep potholes can trap motorcycle tires and cause the vehicle to flip forward. If this happens, then the liable party could be the local municipality in charge of keeping the roads safe for day-to-day use.
- Motorcycle part defects: A defective motorcycle part like a tire or brake could spell disaster for the rider, especially if there is no warning that the part is about to fail. We can help bring claims against parts manufacturers if they are the ones who caused your wreck.
Call Us the Next Moment You Can
The sooner you can get our Bossier City motorcycle accident lawyers on the phone, the sooner we can get to work on your case. Starting with a free, confidential consultation, we can determine if you have a valid claim to bring against the party that caused your accident. If you do, then we can explain the next steps, like how to hire us for your representation!
We look forward to helping you. Please dial (888) 492-5532 now.