Bossier City Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
TBI Claims Handled by Professional Lawyers
You cannot risk your traumatic brain injury claim’s chances by trying to handle it yourself. Not knowing the ins and outs of liability law and insurance company tactics will put you at a disadvantage from the start. If you want your TBI case to have an honest chance of success, then you should seek the assistance of Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers and our Bossier City traumatic brain injury lawyers.
We are 5-star-rated attorneys who are known for challenging major insurers head-on for our clients. We know that your future livelihood could depend on how your case concludes. With this in mind, we are ready to go above and beyond, tirelessly fighting for every single penny owed to you.
Please call (888) 492-5532 or email us now. We are available 24/7.
Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries
If your traumatic brain injury was caused by someone else’s negligence, then you should be able to bring a claim against them for their negligence or recklessness. When working on your case, part of our focus will be on finding out the cause of your TBI and who is responsible for it. Various forms of evidence could be used to reach this goal, such as accident reports, medical records, statements from credible eyewitnesses like police officers and paramedics, and much more.
Accidents and situations that can cause a TBI include:
- Auto accidents: Car accidents are one of the leading causes of preventable injuries in the country, which is why it might be no surprise that car accidents are also a leading cause of brain injuries.
- Slip and fall accidents: Although a slip and fall accident might not seem like a serious situation at first, such accidents can and do cause life-changing injuries like TBIs, especially when they are suffered by the elderly.
- Medical malpractice: A medical professional’s mistakes can be the source of a traumatic brain injury in some situations. For example, failing to monitor a patient’s vital signs during surgery can cause them to go into shock or asphyxiate, resulting in brain damage.
- Workplace accidents: In some workplaces, the risk of a serious accident occurring is higher than average. Construction sites, for example, are some of the most dangerous jobsites in the country due to the heavy machinery, heights, industrial equipment, and more.
Consequences of a TBI
All brain injuries are unique and will cause unique consequences. Before we get far in your case, we need to know how your brain injury has impacted your life, health, and happiness. We can work with various medical experts to get a full understanding of your TBI symptoms, and how they can be treated through years of medical care and specialized therapies.
People living with a TBI can struggle with:
- Physical disabilities: Damage to different areas of the brain can cause different physical disabilities, depending on what body parts were controlled primarily by that brain area or lobe. Typically, severe damage to any part of the brain, though, will cause physical debilitations like losing the ability to walk without assistance.
- Cognitive impairments: Similarly, damage to various lobes of the brain can result in various cognitive impairments suffered by the patient. It is common for people with traumatic brain injuries to experience memory loss, difficulty forming new memories, speech impediments, and more.
- Mental health difficulties: The realization that your life will be forever different because of someone else’s mistake is heavy. Many people struggle with depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) after suffering a brain injury. These mental health difficulties will cause new symptoms of their own, which should be considered when working on your case.
Will Your TBI Case Go to Court?
Although it would be quicker and potentially simpler for you to get a settlement to conclude your TBI case, there is no guarantee that the responding insurance company will offer one. Because the value of a TBI case often exceeds six figures, insurance companies are more likely to try to fight it in court, where they might get away with paying nothing at all. For this reason, you should not assume that your traumatic brain injury claim will settle. Indeed, we assume each catastrophic injury case we accept could end up in court, so we start preparing for litigation sooner than later.
Get Some Rest While We Get to Work
You can leave your case up to our Bossier City traumatic brain injury lawyers. While you rest and do your best to get your life back on track again, we can work diligently on all aspects of your case. We like to take matters as if we were representing ourselves, which is sometimes the edge a case needs to succeed.
Find out more about our legal services today. Call (888) 492-5532.