Bossier City Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
Strategic Lawyers with Decades of Experience
A catastrophic injury claim is a type of personal injury claim, but it should not be treated the same way. The stakes of a catastrophic injury claim are much higher, so your effort to succeed must be much higher as well. Since you are probably dealing with the aftermath of your injuries, you probably are not in any condition to dig into legal details and fight with insurance companies. Thankfully, when you have Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers on your side, you don’t have to.
We are a team of Bossier City catastrophic injury lawyers that is known for creating intelligent, effective legal strategies that keep the opposition on its toes. At the same time, we are also local favorites because we show true compassion to our clients. It would be our honor to get a chance to fight for full compensation on your behalf.
To figure out how to start a claim, please call us at (888) 492-5532. We are available 24/7 for your convenience.
What Makes an Injury Catastrophic?
When you suffer an injury, it will be serious to you, even if it is not severe. However, just because an injury is serious does not mean that it is “catastrophic.” In legal and medical definitions, an injury is considered catastrophic if it causes a life-threatening condition, is incurable, or prevents the individual from holding gainful employment.
Defining your injury accurately is important, too. If we can use a medical record to show that your injury is catastrophic, then it will be easier to justify the compensation levels that we demand on your behalf.
Different Forms of Catastrophic Injuries
Our law firm is able to manage catastrophic injury cases that involve all types of injuries. We can work with medical experts to investigate your injury, get a full understanding of it, and better build your claim. The goal from the beginning is to create a claim that can stand up to any opposition, including major insurance companies.
To name a few of the most common catastrophic injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI): Damage to the brain can result in permanent consequences in the blink of an eye. People living with a TBI often need routine medical care and day-to-day assistance, depending on the severity of the TBI.
- Spinal cord injuries: If the spinal cord is damaged, it can cause partial or temporary paralysis. If it is severed, then it can cause permanent paralysis that will change all facets of the survivor’s life.
- Third-degree burns: Severe burn injuries can cause permanent scarring and disfigurement, which are technically two forms of catastrophic injuries, especially when the scarring is in a highly visible area like the face, neck, or hands.
- Amputations: Losing a digit, hand, foot, or limb is both catastrophic and traumatic. In addition to requiring advanced medical care and prosthesis, amputation survivors sometimes require psychological therapy, too.
- Sensory loss: The loss of your sight or hearing will change your daily life and force you to learn new ways to complete tasks that you once handled with ease.
How Did Your Catastrophic Injury Happen?
Investigating your accident is an important part of the formation of your catastrophic injury claim. Our Bossier City catastrophic injury attorneys can get into the details of evidence, testimonies, and more to find the cause of your accident. Ideally, we will be able to prove that the defendant is fully liable for your injury and related damages.
Common causes of catastrophic injuries are:
- Car accidents
- Bus accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Defective products
- Workplace accidents
- And more
Significant Compensation Owed to You
The average catastrophic injury claim is worth much more than the average personal injury claim. This is because the consequences of a catastrophic injury are both significant and severe. Although we cannot promise your case will have a specific value, it is typical for a catastrophic injury claim’s value to range up to six figures, but some cases can even surpass the seven-figure mark.
You could be owed compensation that helps pay for past and future:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of independence
- Permanent disability
Elevate Your Case with Our Help
Our Bossier City catastrophic injury attorneys are ready to hear from you. An insurance company might owe you significant compensation for your injuries, but you have to demand it. Let us act on your behalf, and you can rest while we handle all the tough parts of your case for you, right up to settlement negotiations and litigation if necessary.
Email our firm today for a free, confidential case consultation.