Bossier City Car Accident Attorneys
Negotiating Settlements & Litigating in Court
We would like to think that when we drive, others on the road are keeping our safety in mind and driving responsibly, too. But the frequent car accident cases on Louisiana’s roads show that this is often not the case. One single negligent act on the road can lead to a car accident that can result in catastrophic injuries. If you were the victim of such a car accident in Bossier City, Louisiana, you should retain the services of a knowledgeable and aggressive Bossier City car accident lawyer.
Our legal team at Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers can provide you with excellent legal representation that could make a major difference in your car accident claim or lawsuit. We want to help you recover fair compensation for the losses you suffered as a result of your accident. Please let us get to work for you today.
Call our firm at (888) 492-5532 for the legal guidance you need from Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers!
Causes of Car Accidents in Louisiana
The cause of your car accident is an important cornerstone of your claim. We need to understand its cause, which will point to the liable party, i.e., the party that owes you financial compensation for your damages. Thanks to our decades of collective legal experience, we know how to investigate a case carefully to find negligence and liability, sometimes with the assistance of third-party experts from other fields.
We can investigate your crash to see if any of these types of negligence caused your crash:
- Speeding: Breaking the speed limit is always dangerous because speed limits are set based on the expected traffic conditions, weather in the area, and the shape and size of the road. If you were hit by a speeding driver, then we can look for evidence of this negligence, like tire marks and the severity of the vehicular damage.
- Intoxication: After even one drink, the average driver becomes extremely dangerous on the road. Reaction times slow down, maneuverability worsens, and judging speed and distance becomes almost impossible. If the other driver said they had “just one drink,” then let or attorneys know right away.
- Texting-and-driving: Most drivers own a smartphone, so most drivers have a terrible way of distracting themselves just by reaching into their pockets. Texting-and-driving is highly dangerous because it distracts a driver’s eyes, hands, and mind in a single activity.
- Auto part failure: Some car accidents are not caused by a driver’s negligence but by a third-party company’s negligence instead. For example, if your crash happened because your vehicle’s brakes stopped working without warning, then the automaker could be liable for including the defective part in the vehicle.
Will Your Car Accident Claim Settle?
Can you expect your car accident case to settle with a fair amount? Maybe. Most legitimate injury claims do reach a settlement to conclude, rather than go to court for litigation.
Insurance companies and plaintiffs alike prefer settlements over trials because:
- Settlements can be reached much more quickly, which saves everyone time, resources, and energy.
- Settlements remain confidential and do not get filed in public records, which can be important for a defendant that does not want details of the case to be widely known.
- Settlements leave the decision of how much to pay the injured party up for negotiation, rather than relying on a judge’s or jury’s discretion.
Of course, settlements being more common does not mean that settlements are guaranteed. Some cases do still go to court because the liable party and their insurer do not want to accept any responsibility for the car accident. If this happens, you do not need to worry. We have trial attorneys on staff who can take your case to litigation.
Thoroughly Investigating & Proving Your Case
When we take you on as a client, we will work closely with you to meet your expectations as a car accident survivor. We start by doing a thorough review of the details of your case so that we can help you determine what caused your accident. We make sure to gather evidence so that we can prove cause and liability, too. Overall, we can manage all parts of your case, so you don’t have to worry about it at all. Don't hesitate to call us at (888) 492-5532 so we can help you properly proceed with your case!
Contact our Bossier City car accident attorneys today for a FREE consultation.