Private Boat Injury Attorney | Injured In Personal Boat
5-Star Advocacy & Full Recoveries for Private Boat Accident Claims & Victims
Private boats can offer fun ways to enjoy the water when everything goes right. When things go wrong, however, devastating accidents, injuries, and death can happen. In many cases, private boat accidents arise because some party has been negligent or careless.
Whenever that occurs, victims can turn to Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers for help. Known for our decades of experience and excellence in and outside the courtroom, we know how to help the victims of private boat accidents recover when it matters most.
That’s why our private boat injury attorneys are the team you can rely on when you need to sue, win, recover, and get justice. It’s always why we’re known as leading boat injury lawyers throughout Louisiana and Texas.
Simply contact us for answers and advice about a private boat accident case whenever you need it. We are here for you, ready to help 24/7.
Call 888-492-5532 or Email Us for a Free, Confidential Consultation 24/7
Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers has an unmatched record of success in all types of boat injury claims, including private boat accident cases. Let us make your claim and recovery our next victory.
Click on a link below to jump directly to any section and get more answers about private boat accidents, the available legal remedies, and more.
What Type of Accidents Are Private Boats In?
Private boats can include small to high-end vessels designed for personal recreational use. Whether that use involves watersports or cruising the high seas in style, any of these private boats can be involved in accidents with other watercraft and/or fixed objects at sea.
Whatever causes a private boat accident (more on these causes below), these incidents can include (but are not limited to):
- Fishing boat accidents
- Dinghy accidents
- Catamaran accidents
- Cruising boat accidents
- Houseboat accidents
- Yachting accidents
- Wakeboarding & ski boat accidents
- Banana and pontoon boat accidents
Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers has vast experience with nearly every kind of private boating accident claim, from the simplest cases that can be resolved out of court to contentious litigation involving complex maritime laws. Find out how we can help you in a free, confidential case evaluation.
What Causes Private Boat Accidents?
Most private boat accidents, injuries, and deaths result from some party’s failures to take the proper precautions. Generally, those failures involve private boat operator errors, negligence, or problems, like (but not limited to):
- Oversteering or making sudden, sharp turns
- Mishandling the vessel
- Boating in poor weather conditions
- Ignoring storm warnings
- Operating vessels while impaired by alcohol and/or drugs
- Failing to follow safety protocols
- Recklessly operating vessels
- Unsafe passenger loading or unloading
- Distraction or inattention
- Anchoring failures
- Overloading private boats
- Violating navigation rules
Beyond operator negligence, mechanical failures can also contribute to private boat accidents, particularly when equipment like (but not limited to) the following is malfunctioning:
- Fuel systems
- Ignition systems
- Navigation systems
- Ventilation systems
- Communication systems
Additional causes of these maritime accidents include (and are not limited to):
- Congested waters
- Hazardous waters
- Passengers on the bow, transom, or gunwale
- Poor weather
To find out what caused your private boat accident, contact Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers. We can listen, answer your questions, and explain the legal options. We can also give you important advice about your potential claim in a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation.
What Injuries Are Caused by Private Boat Accidents?
When crashes, explosions, and other injury-causing events happen on private boats, it can cause deep and lasting trauma, like (but not limited to):
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Burn injuries
- Broken bones
- Severe cuts
- Loss of limb
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Drownings & deadly injuries
Whatever injuries you or a loved one suffers in a private boating accident, you can turn to Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers for help when you need it.
Private Boat Accident Statistics
The latest statistics on private boat accidents spotlight how common and damaging these maritime events can be (source: USCG):
- Operator inattention is the leading cause of fatal private boat accidents, causing more deaths at sea than hazardous waters and ALL types of equipment failures combined.
- After inattention, other operator errors that cause hundreds of private boat accidents each year include speeding, alcohol use, and violating navigation rules.
- When machinery failures cause private boat accidents, it’s engine failures that contribute to most accidents, injuries, and deaths on the waters.
- Operating a private boat in the force of a wake causes nearly as many accidents as hazardous waters do. Often, inexperienced operators will find themselves in these dangerous wake areas.
- Most private boat accidents are caused by preventable mistakes and oversights.
These numbers begin to define how private and recreational boating accidents can be prevented going forward. For now, however, the statistics don’t do anything to help victims recover.
The private boat injury lawyers at Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers can, however. We are devoted to securing justice for those who have been hurt in all types of private boating accidents.
A 5-Star Private Boat Injury Attorney Is Ready to Help You 24/7
Private boat accidents can leave you or the ones you love with horrible injuries. When that happens and it’s time to seek justice and recover, contact an experienced private boat accident lawyer at Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers.
Fearless, strategic, and resourceful, our private boat accident attorneys know how to win the toughest cases while providing the exceptional representation and compassionate service we would expect if we were in your shoes.
Discover the difference our team can make in your claim and recovery by contacting us today.
Call 888-492-5532 or Email Us for a Free, Confidential Consultation.
Your path to justice can start with a call or an email.