Alexandria Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
Proudly Representing the Working Class of Louisiana
Workplace accidents happen all the time. Frustratingly, workers forgo their workers’ compensation benefits nearly just as often because they don’t know they have them.
At Morris & Dewett Injury Lawyers, we are on a mission to help people from all industries and backgrounds to understand and utilize their workers’ compensation benefits. If you were hurt at work for any reason, then we want to hear from you. The last thing we want is for you to not get the benefits that you need because you didn’t know that they were owed to you. Please call (888) 492-5532 now, and we can begin discussing your options.
Different Types of Workplace Injuries
Whether you are a cashier, civil engineer, lawyer, doctor, bus driver, or in any other occupation, you probably have workers’ compensation insurance coverage if you are an employee. Also, in all occupations, there are day-to-day hazards that can cause an accident. For example, just walking through an office can cause an accident if you trip on a loose cable or a piece of uplifted carpet. This is why workers’ compensation claims should be taken seriously, regardless of who files them and what their jobs are.
A few examples of common workplace injuries are:
- Back injuries: Many occupations require people to stay on their feet all day and/or life products. In doing so, a debilitating back injury can gradually occur.
- Repetitive strain injuries (RSI): Another type of gradually occurring injury is a repetitive strain or stress injury. Carpal tunnel syndrome is an example of an RSI that is often suffered by office workers.
- Head injuries: Workers in physically demanding occupations can be at risk of head injuries due to the busy nature of their jobs. Construction workers are among the workers who are at the highest risk of a head injury.
- Occupational illnesses: If your job puts you at risk of contracting or developing a serious illness, then you might be able to get workers’ comp. Medical workers are at risk of catching diseases from their patients, for example, and industrial workers might develop cancer from working around hazardous materials.
Benefits from Workers’ Compensation
Workers’ compensation benefits can help you get back on your feet without worrying about your finances. Specifically, they are meant to help you get back to work sooner than later. In this way, workers’ comp is good for the employer as well as the employee.
Three important workers’ comp benefits are:
- Medical care: Workers’ compensation should cover all of your medical treatment costs, including treatments that become necessary years into the future.
- Disability pay: If you cannot work due to your injuries, then you should be given a portion of your usual wages through disability pay, which can last for months or years if needed.
- Vocational rehabilitation: When you can’t return to your regular job, but you can work in some capacity, vocational rehabilitation benefits can retrain you for a new job position or career.
Working Hard for Local Workers in Need
Ready to see how easy it can be to get workers’ compensation? Our Alexandria workers’ comp attorneys can help you manage your claim from start to finish. We are also here to guide and represent you if your workers’ comp claim has been unfairly denied by the insurer or mismanaged by your employer. In these cases, we can work towards a lump-sum settlement that is paid to you in lieu of the benefits, but that should be enough to help you recover comfortably.
For more information about our legal services, please dial (888) 492-5532.